For Club Coaches, Officials and Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practise is summarised below. All Club Coaches, Officials and Volunteers must:
· Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
· Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
· Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover.
· Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
· Always coach within their qualification unless under the supervision of a senior coach.
· Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
· Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
· Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of performers before transporting them anywhere.
· Never have performers stay overnight at your home.
· Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
· Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the BG Child Protection Policy 2004.
· Never condone rule violations or use or prohibited substances.
· Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless with the express approval of the individual concerned, or where an emergency requires details to be relayed to medical professionals for the protection and well-being of the gymnast.
· Promote fair play and the positive aspects of the sport.
· Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.
· Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and Chelmsford Gymnastics Club.